Will YOU Pray?

In October 2017 as I drove to Saginaw, MI to lead a women’s retreat and to speak at my alma mater, Valley Lutheran High School, for homecoming week, God really put on my heart that Concordia High School in Austin, TX needed a permanent place to call home! Sam & I had visited CHS the month before on our way to Hurricane Harvey clean-up. I phoned David and announced we needed to get CHS built!  My husband, who is always so supportive of me responded, "How much money do you think we should send?"

I attended Valley Lutheran High School in the very first class, many years ago, and the following year we were able to move into our new campus on McCarty Road.  That permanent building provided stability and growth for VLHS, where it continues to thrive today.

At the time I had NO idea that we would actually live in Texas just a few miles from Concordia High School.  Concordia High School is in the process of building its first permanent home.  My youngest son, Sam, loves attending Concordia High School. 

Two years ago, I thought God just wanted my money for CHS, but now I know He wanted my money and my time!!🤣

This year I have been very involved with a variety of initiatives at the school. 
Below is one  I have been involved in setting up. I'm very excited about this and hope you will join in signing up and praying with us.

VIDEO LINK
  Please watch this video about the prayer movement.


I will pray! Will you pray? Please join the concert of prayer (1,000 people praying) for Concordia High School during this pivotal time...for contractors, city permits, donors, staff, students, wisdom, discernment. 
Text PRAYCHS (all capital letters, no spaces) to 844-901-1659. After you sign up, expect a daily prayer text Monday through Saturday for the 40 days of Lent from Ash Wednesday until Easter. Your number will only be used for this prayer movement. 1K! Pray!
The CHS family is committed to life-long learning, leading and living out God’s plan. For more information contact 512-248-2547 or https://chsaustin.org/



No comments:

Post a Comment