Courage Through the Covid-19 Storm: Forgiveness

Tips for THRIVING



I struggle to forgive. Ouch!  I hate to admit that.

In these crazy Covid-19 times, we have had  a lot of opportunity to forgive others-with being so closed in together for stay-in-place orders, with vast differences of opinions of how to open back up, and with tensions exploding over the death of George Floyd. Forgiveness for people of different race, gender, or age. Forgiveness for our loved ones. Forgiveness for our leaders. Forgiveness for police officers or __________ fill in the blank, none of us are perfect!


I encourage you to check out these two books that
friends have given me that are very helpful:


Quotes from "How to Forgive...When You Don't Feel Like It":
"You need to understand that forgiveness is not a matter of letting the offender off the hook. It is a matter of taking the wrongdoer off your hook and placing that person on God's hook."
"The greatest payoff for working through stages of forgiveness is the new freedom you gain to expel bitterness, to enjoy relationships, and to experience wholeness, just as God intends.


Forgiveness brings peace, health, joy, and many other desirable characteristics-all of which the people of our nation desperately need right now. Forgiveness is NOT easy, but greatly NEEDED.

Not only do I have a hard time forgiving others, but also myself. After I wrote my blogpost last week, (https://karensuemurdy.blogspot.com/2020/06/courage-through-covid-19-storm-dealing.html) I thought about the exhortations from Paul in the book of Romans...hold fast to good, abhor evil, be patient in tribulation, etc. I wish I did that perfectly, but I do not. As Christians, we all screw up.
Thank God, His mercies are new every morning. "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23.

Covid-19 Challenge FORGIVE


Please "follow me" so you will be notified of when the next blog post is available.

No comments:

Post a Comment