God is Bigger Than the Hot Mess

I'm a hot mess of a hurting momma. My kids hurt, I hurt. What to say? What not to say? What to do? What not to do?


And it is constantly changing.  As a parent, just when you get something figured out, it changes. Then they grow up and everything is different again. My kids, but their journey. With 2 of my children  already married, (a grandbaby on the way-how did I get this old so fast???), and my youngest a senior in high school, my life is really changing. My friend, Julie, texted me: The book we really needed was "What to Expect 17 Years After You Were Expecting".  So true.


A mentor friend, Lois, told me to keep praying and journaling; keep seeking God's guidance! (I love the comfort of my journal- soft leather tactile comfort!! Thank you Murdy Creative Co ) As I was praying for God's presence & guidance, here are the bits and pieces from my devotion readings that really spoke to my heart one day last week.  My journal entry:


Devotions today exactly what I need-
from Portals of Prayer 9/19/19 by Bryan Hopfensperger
"What is God's will for you? That you would be saved! That you would hear His Word & have forgiveness of your sins. That you would be washed in Baptism's waters & be fed the bread of Heaven-body and blood of Jesus for your forgiveness and salvation.  
This is God's desire for ME!! (Very comforting and and puts into perspective all the mom stuff-God is bigger!)


Redeemer devotions from Daily Bread by Kirsten Holmberg, 
From Ecclesiastes 3:1-14
A Fitting Time "a time for everything, & a season for every activity under heaven" v.1
In seasons of heartache, we can trust God to bring something good from this time. Our comforts & joys may come & go, but God's works "will endure forever" v.11. We may not relish every season-some are quite painful-yet He can bring beauty to them all. 


Father, You have permitted this season in my life. Help me to be content in the midst of it & to recognize Your power & might are at work. 

“There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: 
a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, 
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them                     
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
a time to search and a time to give up, 
a time to keep and a time to throw away, 
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak.” Ecclesiastes 3
And wow I guess God really wanted me to read this part of His word today... Ecclesiastes 3:1-14 is also the Hinz family verse for today chosen by Markus & Lauren!


I pray that YOU, like me, are blessed with God's truth. In the midst of the hot mess hurting momma moments, God is bigger!! In the midst of hot mess hurting momma moments, God is comforting. In the hot mess hurting momma moments, God is guiding.

No comments:

Post a Comment