TIme Flies

"And just like that I have finished freshman year of college," texted my #4 son to our family group this morning. What a freshman year! Some classes online. Some classes in-person. Masks. Social distancing. ("How do you meet anyone with masks on and socially distanced?" he bemoaned in August.) Covid tests. Postive covid test. Storms. Power outages. Burst pipes. Apartment flooding. Hotel for five days. Home for five days. Apartment for five days. Hotel for 30 days. TRYING to learn and focus on studies. Yikes. Not your usual first year college experience. 

Instantly, as I read #4 son's text, a comment by my #1 son -in a speech to his classmates at an awards ceremony 12 years ago- flashed into my mind, "Time flies when you are having fun!" (Everyone in the auditorium laughed because he ALWAYS talked about flying and airplanes, and had unintentionally used "flies" in his speech. )

Time flies...

And just like that...

Yesterday...

Time flies when you are having fun...It seems like just yesterday #1 son had the auditorium in stitches with his "time flies" comment. Or #1 son was born. Or #2. Or #3. Or #4.  And just like that my boys have grown up. Ouch. My Mom heart hurts. Where have the years gone? My babies have grown up so quickly! How easy it is to just hurry through life. How many times did I tell my boys to "hurry up"? 

Brenda Jank, Founder of Run Hard Rest Well, posted a wonderful article and resource on her blog about "minutes matter". I encourage you to read it https://runhardrestwell.org/5-minute-breather/#more-7825  and watch the S-L-O-W video. We all need it. Stop. Linger. Observe. Wonder.

I replied back to our family text group this morning, "WOW! Time does fly. Pause. Enjoy the moments; the people you are with; the environment around you-God's awesome creation!"

Take a moment in your life to SLOW the hurry.


No comments:

Post a Comment