Courage Through the Covid-19 Storm: Joy

Tips for THRIVING

Tip #11 Identify JOYS




Starting in late February and continuing to really ramp up in March and April, it seemed like all conversations with my Dr. Husband focused on Covid-19. After a while it became a bit depressing and exhausting. I definitely needed some new conversation topics. 

When Deb Burma, https://debburma.com/ on a FB Live event, posed a JOY challenge, I took it: Using the letters of your name, identify joys in your life. I challenge you to do the same!


As my husband and I went for a beautiful sunset walk later that evening, we each used the letters from our names to identify joys in our life. We had an uplifting time as we laughed and discussed the joys in our life. 


This is where we often walk in the evening, one block from our home:



Here are my JOYS:


K-kindness & kisses (chocolate & otherwise)
A-adventures (traveling, etc especially to beach & Lake Powell)
R-red...red flowers, red convertible, red birds (baby cardinals this week!!!) etc.
E-exercise
N-neighbors & noon day sunshine
S-sons & sisters
U-mUsic & mUsicals
E-encouraging & encouragement
M-motherhood, mentoring, mentees
U-understanding (from others as they forgive me & as I learn new things)
R-Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory
D-David (hubby) & daughters-in-law
Y-Yahweh God!!


As I think about these joys, I realize that all of these are blessings from God. Around 400 BC, Nehemiah declared "The joy of the Lord is your strength." (Nehemiah 8:10b) Now many years later, these words still ring true for our lives and especially during this Covid-19 craziness, the joy of Lord is truly my strength! 
I hope this list of my joys helps you get started with yours. Please share your joys with others! (Feel free to post them below.) 
Write them down in a journal to remember and to remind yourself of the joys in your life.  

As Deb writes in her FB post, "With God's help, you can step off that struggle bus as you engage in something that gives you JOY-that helps you see the JOY that's already yours!" 

Covid-19 Challenge

Shutting down during Covid-19 was hard, but opening up is just as hard or harder. We all need to be kind, respectful, and understanding.  
I encourage you to continue being active several minutes every hour and spending some time outside in nature every day. 
To help everyone stay healthy and keep the economy moving:
1. Hand washing.
2. Physical distancing  (6 feet) from people not in your household.
3. Mask wearing if you are inside at public places. 
4. Staying home if you are sick.

Please "follow me" so you will be notified of when the next blog post is available. 





No comments:

Post a Comment