Best of Times, Worst of Times

As my family travels we like to sing along with Jimmy Buffet, “These changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes, Nothing remains quite the same…” This time of year is filled with graduations, weddings, and new babies, Changes…”Nothing remains quite the same.”
Personally my family is about to experience a major change. (More on that in a later blog!!) Changes are often both the best of times and the worst of times.


I invite you to read a blog post I wrote for WLI:
“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.” So begins “A Tale of Two Cities”. Since my high schooler was reading this classic story, I decided to read it, too. I love the way Charles Dickens masterfully creates contrasts.
“It was the best of times…” It was Christmas Eve. “It was the worst of times.” It was Grandma Barbara’s last breaths on earth. My son, along with his new bride, Leah...continue reading here http://wlicuw.org/the-best-of-times-the-worst-of-times/


When I think of change, a few lines from a verse of one of Dad’s favorite hymns, “Abide with Me” comes to my mind:
“Change and decay in all around I see;
O Thou who changest not, abide with me.”


As we go through changes, we cling to our Savior, who does not change. “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.” Hebrew 13:8


If you are looking for a speaker for your group, please contact me; I love to talk! Check out the link to my page on WLI Speaker’s Bureau http://wlicuw.org/profile/speaker-karen-sue-hinz-murdy/


The Women’s Leadership Institute educates, encourages, and equips women for Christian leadership in the home, church, workplace and the world. WLI’s vision is to develop capable and confident women who serve Christ, embrace their gifts in service and leadership, and mentor others to do the same. http://wlicuw.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment